Laying cable pipes
Do you know how cable pipes should be laid so as to maintain lasting infrastructure for subsequent insertion or removal of cables in the pipes?
This course teaches you about the different types of pipes for power cables, and how the pipes should be laid to ensure a lasting infrastructure for subsequent insertion or removal of cables in the pipes. You will also learn how the pipes should be maintained, transported and handled to avoid damage prior to being laid.
Personnel who excavate trenches, and lay, install and transport pipes. The course will also be useful for planning personnel since it covers requirements associated with pipes, fibreblankets, filling materials, labelling, etc.
● Requirements to types of pipes for power cables
● Colour coding of pipes
● Ring stiffness
● Guidelines for laying and planning
● Guidelines for transport, handling and storage
● Recommended guidelines for preparing trenches
● Guidelines for installation and laying
● Guidelines for cable marking and protection boards
● Guidelines for distances and altering direction
● Covering and filling
● Summary of the most usual types of documentation
The course follows the recommendations set out in RENblad 9010 Version: 1.4.
This course can be run on a computer, tablet or smartphone. If you are on a handheld device, we recommend that you are on a wireless broadband network.
Recommended bandwith is 1.5 Mbps. If you experience problems during the course we recommend using the web browser Google Chrome.
VAT is added. Please view general conditions for e-Learning Courses.